How To Help The Victims Of The Boston Explosion
I’ve been tech. free for a couple of days, or I would have gotten to this a lot sooner. Finding out what’s been going on is heart wrenching, and if I hadn’t gotten a text this morning from someone with a link on how to help- I might not even have been on today. We all want to know how to help the victims from this, so I’ll get right to it.
If you know ANYTHING- please contact authorities. They are still attempting to figure this out and any info you might have could help. 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), prompt #3 or Boston PD 1-800-494-TIPS
- TUGG and Fundraise.com have a $50,000 dollar donation goal
- Pledge (and actually go out and do it) to donate blood
- Sign a sympathy card
- $500 dollar fund for the DiMartino Family
- Fund for Carlos Arredondo- man who rushed in to help
- If you can welcome your home to those displaced from hotels- add your details to the Google Document
- Facebook page for Martin Richard, the 8 year old boy who lost his life
- Salvation Army is out there helping, donations to the organization are always welcome
- New England School of Acupuncture in Newtown is offering free treatments to those who are suffering Post Traumatic Stress
- A show of support by taking a picture of you running w/ the hashtag #NationalRunForBostonVictims (and post to twitter)- this woman would love to compile a collage of them for support.
- Wear purple for Boston
- Donate a stuffed animal from Owie BowWowie to the children
- Donation fund for Martin Richards family
- Etsy Shop purchase with 20% donation to Red Cross responders
- Petition to block Westboro Baptists from Funerals
- The Last Five: Walk or show up to support those who are going to walk the last five of the Marathon
- Give Forward fund for The Richard Family
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston admission is free today.
- Another 5 mile planned in Boston
- Last 5 Walk planned in Washington DC
As always, I will continue to look for more ways to help, to reach out, to support. I will update as I find more and I ask that if you know of something that I missed to please, please let me know. Comment here or on my Facebook page, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I also wanted to issue a reminder that I do not personally check out or ensure the validity of the places, people, organization, fund-raisers I link to. Nor am I affiliated or associated with any. It is unfortunate to be reminded that people are not always good and kind, and that some people may try to scam or trick well meaning people. Do your best to be cautious about who you give to, what information you give them.